Farm Labor Issues and Regulations
Understanding the law related to farm labor is important to the success of your business. Poor compliance with the many rules can cost you time and money. The sites listed below will help you sort through these complex issues.
These sites provide general information on farm labor issues and regulations. Each site opens the door to an array of related topics.
- Connecticut Farm Bureau - Connecticut Farm Bureau has a labor law expert available to answer questions if you are a member. Scroll down to Labor Hotline for contact information.
- Publication 51 Circular A and Publication 225 - Provides helpful information from the IRS.
These sites provide more specific information on farm labor issues and regulations. Please refer to the brief web site description for more details.
- Labor Management in Agriculture - This book breaks down all of the facets of labor and management and can improve labor and management relations.
- Employing Family Members.
- Orientation and Training of Employees.
- Developing Effective Job Descriptions for Small Businesses and Farms.
- The Worker Protection Standard - This fact sheet explains the U.S Environmental Protection Agency regulations relating to an agricultural worker's handling and exposure to pesticides.