June 25th - Common Ground: Edible Weeds and Medicinal Plants 10am-12pm @ Neighborhood Housing Services Call 203-562-0598 ext. 226
July 12th - UConn Extenson's Business Survival When Facing a Foreign Animal Diseas Incident: The Farmer's Role 10am-5pm Storrs contact: Joyce Meader
July 12th - UConn Extension: Twilight Meeting: Connecting Schools to Local Growers in Tolland & Windham Counties 5-7pm @ Coventry Middle School Contact: MacKenzie White
July 12th - CT Nursery and Landscape Association Meeting Contact
July 23rd - Common Ground: Garden Problems: Pests and Diseases 10:30am-12pm @ Little Red Hen Garden, New Haven Call 203-562-0598 ext. 226
August 30th - CT Greenhouse Growers Association "Financial Decisions for Greenhouse Growers" @ Jones Auditorium, Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station 123 Huntington St, New Haven Contact Susan Pronovost 203-261-9067
September 27th - UConn Extension's Plant Nutrition Program Contact: Leanne Pundt
Risk management is an often overlooked strategy that can make a difference in the success of your farm. Our mission is to provide farmers and agribusinesses with information to improve farm financial management and reduce risk.
Crop Insurance Fact Sheets
- USDA Expands Microloans to Help Farmers Purchase Farmland and Improve Property
- Crop Insurance Videos!
- USDA Issues Safety-Net Payments to Farmers Facing Market Downturn
- Crop Insurance Videos with Freund's Farm, Sheldon Mel Farm, and Norton Brothers Fruit Farm
- USDA Packages Disaster Protection with Loans to Benefit Specialty Crop and Diversified Producers
- CROP Risk Management Guide for 2015