PROJECT: Feed the Birds this Winter!
Pinecone Bird Feeder
What You Need
What To Do
- Tie the ends together and attach to the base of a pinecone. Fit the string around the scales to hold it securely in place.
- In one bowl mix peanut butter and shortening together.
- Spoon the mixture onto the scales of the pine cones.
- Pour the seeds in the other bowl and roll the pine cone in them, covering well.
- Hang your bird feeder near your window sill. Have fun watching the birds eat their meals.
Adapted from Cloverbuds, Minnesota Extension Service.