Several benefactors of the Ratcliffe Hicks School of Agriculture (RHAG), and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (AGNR) have contributed funds to be used for augmenting student learning. Specifically, monies have been donated to assist students with domestic and/or international travel associated with their academic training.
The Office of Academic Programs manages these funds and makes them available to students through a competitive process. Below is a list of the named funds and the requirements that must be met for a student to be eligible for funding consideration.
Albert Mann Travel Award
- Available to assist RHAG students only
- Domestic and international travel supported
Emanuel “Mike” Hirth Family Endowment Fund
- RHAG or AGNR undergraduate/graduate students
- To assist with trips; attending conferences/workshops; travel to study abroad destination
John P.H. Brand Travel Fellowship
- To assist RHAG or AGNR undergraduates with participating in a conference, event or other Program
Kinsman Family International Agriculture Fund
- To assist AGNR undergraduate/graduate students only
- For international travel; preference given to Animal Science majors
How Do I Apply For Funds?
The dollar amount available in each of the above travel funds varies based on a variety of factors; requests will be considered until available funds are exhausted within a given year. In order to be considered, students must submit a completed “Financial Assistance for Student Academic Travel Application”. Requests can be made at any time during the year and we recommend submission at the earliest possible date.